We recently completed a redesign of the website for Educators’ Collaborative. Educators’ Collaborative (EC) is a firm that specializes in searches for heads of schools and senior administrators as well as providing consulting services on all aspects of school operations. While their business is very referral-based, their web site had to validate the professionalism of their firm’s work. Additionally, they wanted to use the search listings portion of their web site to attract candidates, compile the candidate’s files, and also work as a portal for client communications.
Their old site felt dated, was hard to navigate, and didn’t show potential clients the expert and personalized attention they would receive from the EC team. During the initial discovery phase, Visible Logic helped EC clarify how they wanted to represent their brand, how their personalized approach could be made more apparent through the web design, and how their search listings should function.
The old site was:
- Text-heavy with large blocks of text that were not compelling
- Missing photography of people to demonstrate the personal attention Educators’ Collaborative prides themselves on
- Dated looking and not polished
- Hard to maintain because they couldn’t easily make edits themselves
The new site features:
- Photography that showcases their team and how they interact with people as consultants
- A visual step-by-step approach page to explain what to expect when working with them
- Easy to update content plus a training call, and customized PDF user guide to get their team comfortable with making necessary edits
- Search listings that highlighted the critical information
The new site is now a much better representation of the Educators’ Collaborative brand image. By using more photography, by editing content for length and clarity, and by creating a more professional overall design, the web site reflects the quality of the EC experience.
In addition, we built out a client and candidate portals. Now the EC team can share files and documents with their clients and job candidates can upload and download materials such as resumes and reference letters.
The new site is now working much more effectively as a marketing tool for the client, as a jobs listings site for open searches and a web-based portal for file sharing between EC and their clients and job candidates.